A communications specialist works in the area of communications with primary responsibilities in the fields of writing, editing, branding, and public and media relations. They also write and coordinate the production of printed and electronic marketing and educational materials. Additionally, they implement email marketing.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?:
- Prepare schedules and organize meetings and interviews
- Write and design company literature
- Create effective communication strategies
- Implement email marketing
- Ensure positive relationships with clients
- Write and coordinate the production of printed and electronic marketing and educational materials
- Research drafts and disseminate press materials to appropriate news media
- Disseminate association events and activities on social media
- Assist in the creation of audiovisual aids for staff
- Serve as a photographer, as needed
- Manage the media database and news clipping log
- Update information on company website and social media outlets
- Develop appealing presentations and speeches for leadership
- Assist other staff in program areas whenever communications assistance is needed
Recommended High School Courses:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, computer skills, English and public speaking.
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural communications, agricultural marketing, agricultural journalism, communications, public relations or related field.